Monday, July 4, 2011

Lonely

Just admit that you are lonely,
I whisper to myself.
In the dark, here in this safe place, it is ok to admit that you are lonely.
It is so hard for me, you see, because being lonely, must mean that I am weak.
Must mean that I believe that I do not have everything I need in this exact moment, and I choose to belief differently.
If I am lonely it means that I am succumbing to my most basest "human" emotions that I associate with what is wrong with our society and therefore ourselves.
But the truth of the matter is...that I am lonely.
And no matter how I paint the picture I just...am...lonely.
All those other things, like it meaning I do not have everything I need, is just meaning. Meaning I place on my life because it helps define me.
Instead I could just be lonely.
Just...be...lonely.
And not have meaningless words, meaningless meanings, define who I am and give myself the freedom and joy of just...being...lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment