Wednesday, June 29, 2011

No more

I stand before the mirror and place the tip of the chisel between my breasts.
In my other hand the hammer.
I bring the head of the hammer down on the chisel and curve my shoulders forward to protect myself.
Blood dribbles down my stomach to drip slowly from my knee caps.
I can feel the chisel burn my skin and bury deeper.
I am not just breaking my skin, but breaking my soul.
My outer shell that protects me.
I bring the hammer down again.
The taste of metal and something undefined coats the inside of my mouth.
There is no turning back now.
I know that soon I will die, but I also know that soon I will be free.
No more of my protective outer skin, nothing keeping from experiencing everything.
And even though it is an end, it is also a beginning.
A new start with no more hiding, no more ego, no more facade.

No comments:

Post a Comment