Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 22: Herself

Drip, drip...
I feel my tear run down the hills of my face to drip from my nose.
The splash from my tears runs over my toes and I wiggle them in the puddle I created.
The pulse of my heart thumps out a beat in my head and throat and I swallow down the words I want to scream.
My head spins, my eyes droop, the tears keep coming.
I sway, the world stands still.
The nausea squirms up from my gut and I bend to vomit up my unending stream of anger and superiority.
Instead I catch a glimpse of this girl, 10 ft tall, pale, hallow eyed, dark haired, with shining worlds dropping from her eyes. Each one glistening, catching the light, gorgeous, bright, full of hope dropping from the sky like gifts from above. A smile touches my lips, and she smiles as well, hers brilliant and ripe, mine tasting of bile, and I open my arms as she opens hers and we fall towards this puddle of tears together.

1 comment: