Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 16: We Are One.

The beat vibrates deep inside of me as I rest my hands on my ribs to feel them moving.
Side to side I pulse, making music motion.
The twinkle of a thousand lights burst behind my eyes as I float away.
Taken by the crowd, taken by the music, the strong hands cupping my hips.
I feel the sinew in my muscles tighten as I rock, and it strikes me as funny, that hundreds of strangers can gather and connect over something so innocent as music, while thousands die because they can't.

That is the allure of the music, it reconnects us as human to our fellow humans and we resonate together for a single moment, one organism with the same purpose, the same problems, the same joys and we all breath out a sigh of relief as we settle into that moment.
The moment we are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment