Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 17: That Deadly Sensation

I can feel it creeping up my spine.
Tip toed fingers caressing my back and I shiver.
Bubbles fizzle in my stomach and a smile touches my lips.
For a moment I feel I am falling backwards, taken in by that deadly sensation.
I can feel my heart getting tangled and I sigh a relief.
After so long I wasn't sure I remembered how to be twitterpated.
But I also remember that deadly sensation is of my own making, self-inflicted.
I thought you were all I had been waiting for.
All that I have prayed for day after day.
But it never seems just right, but each day I can tell I am getting closer.
Closer to the moment when all that I am missing in life is you.
And yet tonight I lie awake thinking of you.
Of how you make me feel more like a woman.
Of how you make me feel less alone and more alone. Bittersweet and delicious
Of how you make me feel sexy and wanted.
I wonder if it is you making me feel these things or the possibility of you that spurns me to tossing and turning and a long sleepless night of introspective moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment