Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 2: The Empty Space

There is an empty space...I roll over and it is next to me.
When I walk I can feel it just over my left shoulder, lurking.
Defining me.
It is the largest empty space and I believe, it defines me...to others.
When people see me, their eyes float conspicuously to that space to my left and depending on the person...a smile, a frown, a nod, an upturned nose.
This space defines me by how empty it is.
Defines me in my loneliness.
Defines me in my worthiness.
Defines me in my success.
to others...
But to me this empty space does not mean these things,
to me....it defines my triumph over loneliness, it defines my success in attention, and it defines my openness and willingness to have that space be filled when it is right....just simply by that space being empty and existing.
It is how we define things that change their...meaning.
And it is how we let these meanings define our lives.



Note:
I have a strong sense that someday very soon I will run out of important and interesting things to say and suddenly several poems about sunshine and flowers with tweeting birds with crop up and then you will all be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment